1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky hoops tries to overtake Oregon football in uniform ugliness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 10, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Looking at those craptastic Kentucky uniforms brings up a question:

Whatever happened to mediocre athletic apparel maker Apex One, who I think made the cat scratch and zig zag models?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Converse bought it.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I seem to remember Apex disappearing in the middle of the '95 NFL season, creating a weird situation in Dallas. Remember, this is before the days where Reebok did all the on-field apparel for all teams and coaches. In 95, Apex was the apparel maker for the Cowboys, and when they were bought out in the middle of the year, the Cowboys had the Apex logo taken off their sleeves, making their uniforms the only ones in the league to have no company brand name (no problem there). What was really strange was Barry Switzer and the rest of the coaching staff wearing generic polos and hats that didn't even have the Cowboys' logo. Just plain solid-colored clothes. And that went on all the way through the Super Bowl.

Oh, back on topic... These Kentucky uniforms suck.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

Apex One was instrumental in giving us some truly 1990's bad gear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Hah. That one's called the Curve, and with a Bills logo in place of the BBOC, it's the same jacket worn on the Buffalo sideline during the Comeback game vs. Houston.

Yes, I still have one. Just tattoo "LOOSER" on my forehead and be done with it ...

7. BitterYoungMatador2

Had the same one...in 1995. I still have the UFlorida version of this one in a closet in my mom's house that was given to me.

[​IMG]

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oz wears his collar flipped?

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Who out there DIDN'T have a Starter jacket in 1993-1996?

I'm still pissed about my Golden State pullover getting stolen at a basketball game.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had a Philly Eagles one. It was awesome.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I had a Wisconsin Badgers one. I desperately wanted a black Raiders jacket, but my parents were convinced some high school kids would beat my nine-year-old ass for it.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Shoot, I still have a Panthers pullover. Very warm, and because I'm kinda hot-natured, it's lasted a long time because of infrequent use.

Except for the Starter logo, it's aged very well.

Draft saved Draft deleted