1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kenny Chesney No Shoes Nation Tour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 2, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sometimes not even that.

Mutt Lange produced Def Leppard and Shania Twain. Listen to both, try to tune out the vocals, and see if you can detect a difference.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember the first time I heard "Any Man of Mine". I said to myself, that ain't country.

Five years later, I got an earful from my PD for playing the opening riff of "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" as a bumper.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And if you want to dance around like New York City...

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I don't think Kenny Chesney has hair. He does have a lot of Jimmy Buffett-lite music. The Paul Overstreet songs he's done *are* country, but I doubt they make the concert playlist.

Chesney played a festival nearby several weeks ago, so I guess he's downgraded since the tour with McGraw. He was the closing act, though, so I guess it was bigger than the, for example, Sawyer Brown and Brantley Gilbert earlier in the festival. I didn't go.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So is it false advertising if he comes out on stage wearing boots?

Draft saved Draft deleted