1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Dec 6, 2006.

1. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

BYH: Yeah, it's the songs from the Coyote Ugly soundtrack that I really liked as well. It was a nice sound for her. And pretty cool when she made the appearance at the end. All the way through the movie, I kept going, "I know who this is...who the hell is this?"

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

3. KP

KP Active Member

I hope this isn't turning into a "wouldn't hit KC crowd."

Unless it means more from me. [/someone who would hit it 3 times a day and 5 times on Sunday]

4. KP

KP Active Member

And she's so tight she can't handle the full shocker. Though I haven't gotten through with her yet. :p

[​IMG]

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

(Shhhhh, KP, shhhhhh.)

You're right guys. Kelly is fucking ugly. Hit every branch on the way down of a very tall ugly tree. And man, is she fat! I mean, soooooo heavy! God DAMN! How did she ever become a pop star, being so gosh darn unattractive!

(KP, second post is, wow. Just wow.)

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like that "Somethin's gotta give" song LeAnn put out. It's on my iPod and I sing my ass off. Well, because I have 31 candles on my birthday cake...next year. :D

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

These women might have hit it big anyway, but the built-in audience they get from American Idol is a large part of their success. This year's finalists have a bunch of CDs coming out, and their devoted fans are old enough to buy them the old-fashioned way rather than downloading a song or two to their phones. And there's something fun about Clarkson's accessible attitude.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I looked further down that one listed Web site, and here's what I found.

[​IMG]

Creepy, eh?

[​IMG]

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah ... "Hey Ya!" might be.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you honestly think she looks like a beached whale in that picture, you have problems.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Pretty damn good battle, there.

If we're including videos in the argument, "Hey Ya" wins, hands-down. But just on the music, I'd have to go with Clarkson.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Never heard a marching band cover "Since U Been Gone." I think Hey Ya! wins it on the final lap.

Draft saved Draft deleted