1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kellen Winslow Jr. career over?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Butch Rolle caught more touchdown passes in one season than The Chosen One has in his entire career.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I don't think you would have thought that Nash would have become this Nash when he was in college either. It just goes to the woulda, coulda stuff.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Those numbers make both your point and Chuck's. Obviously 18 games in 3 years says he hasn't done much, because he was injured. But when he was on the field he obviously produced. Those numbers are 2 games over a regular season. So let's say 85 catches for 850 yards and 3 TD's if was healthy for one full season... you can't deny that he's talented.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

What's the etymology of your hatred of Cleveland? Or is it its teams? Its fans?

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I always read it as amusement, at a fanbase that screams "woe is ME!!!!!!!!!" at every opportunity, as if the world should give a flying you-know-what.

Or maybe that's just how I feel about it.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

What Piotr said.

I don't hate Cleveland or its fans...they just happen to be pathetic looser fanboys who do nothing but whine about how bad they have things, while forgetting the basic issue:
    Of course you have it bad, you're in fucking Cleveland!

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You know, BYH, if you're trying to decide whether a guy is Hall of Fame worthy or something like that, longevity is huge.

But a guy can be a tremendous talent and just show it in a small window of time, usually due to injury. The fact that an athlete can reach a high-water mark at some point is proof that he has that kind of talent. It always amazes me that people seem to lose sight of that fact. (See Wood, Kerry and Prior, Mark and Ankiel, Rick and ...)

Chuck and F_H 1, BYH and Norman 0. Winslow may have a 10-cent head, but he had unusual skills.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Anyone else dissapointed that this thread didn't get hijacked by Brook Jacoby discussion? Wait, that was just me? (slinks away)..
    As far as Winslow goes, the Browns sure seem snake-bitten the past couple of years, which further adds to the woe is me attitude of Cleveland fans. Still, with Winslow, or without, they're still a good ways away from being competitive in that division.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Simply waking up in the morning seems to add to the "woe is me" attitude of the Cleveland loosers.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If Cleveland fans are bad, I'd love to know what you call what the Red Sox navel gazers did for almost four score and seven years.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Plus every Cleveland fan has at least three TV's with bricks through them from seeing either The Drive, or Jordan over Ehlo on ESPNClassic. Still don't think Elway could walk through Cleveland without a few body guards.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I had a hard time empathizing with Red Sox fans over their woes. When HBO did that documentary on the curse, I kept saying to myself..."But you had some pretty damn good Celtics and Patriots teams to hold you over."

Draft saved Draft deleted