1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kellen Winslow Jr. career over?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 19, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm fairly sure I never called JONATHAN Papelbon then next Rollie fucking Fingers. Gene Garber, maybe.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I admire your restraint. I wish everyone else in the world had it.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

On second thought, Papelbon was the next DeWayne Buice.

You remember him right Headbutt? You were, what, 2 in 1987? Fucker. :D

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

or Ken Phelps

BTW the Joe Charboneau sponsorship is available for $10 on Baseball Ref.com.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is true: The Brook Jacoby page is now available for sponsorship at the bargain-basement rate of $40. Five days from now, it will be available at its standard rate of $15.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

He helped my fantasy team not finish last this season, but that is about all I know about him.

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Winslow made some damn fine plays this season and showed he has plenty of talent to back up his mouth. What he did this year for that offense was remarkable... hell, at the end of the season, he was a top five tight end even surrounded by 10 guys called NFL players in name only.

Hell of a talent, sure was... but BYH does have a point, it was just one year. Still, what he did this one year was solid and if he could back this up for the next 6-8 years... which brings us back to the original point... has anyone heard any updates on this story?

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Like Junior and dad Ken Griffey, the younger Winslow might be more talented than his father. But, unlike Griffey Jr. who despite injuries has had a hell of a career and has done so, mostly, with a smile and glad-to-be-here vibe, Winslow Jr. exudes entitlement and has done so since high school. Career over? It really hasn't started.

9. lono

lono Active Member

But you can't take away that stupid motorcyle wreck, which is the whole point. Pro sports are littered with woulda, coulda, shoulda stories of athletes who ruined whatever potential they had on the field with some numb-nuts activity off of it.

See: Duke point guards - Williams & Hurley

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

According to Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Kellen Winslow (microfracture knee surgery) has been off crutches for the past two weeks.
    Browns trainers are reportedly convinced that he'll be back for summer workouts despite reports that Winslow might sit out the season.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

To think the Browns have made some wise off season moves this year. Shame, such a shame but typical Browns.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Indeed, such a shame.
    Why do these things always happen to poor Cleveland teams and thier fans?
    :'( :'( :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted