1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Olbermann's turn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

KO probably wants to spend a few days in Florida anyway.

It's worth a public wrist-slap/reprimand, no more.

Fundraising for the pediatric hospital is great, but it doesn't wash PSU clean of the other stuff.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'd be able to stomach Olbermann a lot more if everything wasn't a nuclear war with him.

Pound Penn State for the other stuff? No argument. This seemed almost like it was something he sought out because he was bored and needed something to be "THIS IS THE WORST THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!!!" about.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My problem with it is that the widow shows up and it becomes another celebration for the Cult of a Paterno. There’s certainly a discussion to be had about it and PSU patting itself on the back so hard for this given its history is distasteful. But KO didn't try to have a serious discussion or present an argument, he just wanted to piss them off.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As Washington, D.C., radio host Scott Linn wisely said recently, "This thing is like a 140 character resignation letter, always in your hand."

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please tell me there was more to it than was described in the link.

I'm no fan of KO, but that hardly deserves a suspension.

A pediatric hospital is great, but it doesn't erase the shame that comes with enabling, and covering up for a serial abuser of young children, who operated in plain site, right under your nose.

And, it's typical of their fans to not realize their reputation is still in tatters.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Unless you believe the buildings on campus committed some of the crimes, you're not making sense. People committed the atrocities, and all the people that committed the atrocities are gone. Should they burn down all the buildings, too?

7. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Why haven't O.J. Simpson's kids been jailed yet?

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because they are atheists?

bigpern23 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The students and alum handled the Sandusky rapes with real class.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is going to prompt me to take Fox Sports 1 as seriously as I have always taken it.

12. Olberman is an ass. That's the long and short of it.
    He absolutely deserved to be suspended.

Draft saved Draft deleted