1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Foulke retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Forgive me but who is Keith Foulke?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When was the last time Foulke was relevant? Wasn't he basically an average long reliever this year?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thank spnited's assholishness for the thread length.

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

He was slated to compete for the closer's job in Cleveland. Anyone interested in the AL Central specifically and the AL in general would care. Anyone in Boston would care. Anyone playing fantasy baseball would care.

Plus, this is a Sports and News portion of the website. It's nice to actually have some breaking news on here.

If one of the Moderators disagrees, they'll kill it. I just don't understand why 20% of the threads on here turn into a discussion about whether or not the thread should exist, especially with some of the crap that we are wading through with all the fucking trolls now taking up residence.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

DTGDTN!!!!!

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

The guy doesn't really have a reputation as being a real sweetheart, but you gotta give it to him for not just showing up at camp, pitching for a week, "coming down" with an elbow injury and collecting the $5 mill for this year. I'm not sure I'd do the same under the same circumstances.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

KP, you have some connected sources. Never heard that one. As random as Michael Coleman nailing Troy O'Leary's wife.

8. Boom_70

Did you ever hear the real reason that Edgar Renteria was traded?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You know I'm going to hold you to this, right? :D

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

No but I would be interested to hear why.

Secondly Foulke was washed up and Shapiro likes washed up pitchers.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Nailing Mrs. Manny will do that to you.

12. Boom_70

I had heard that it was Manny nailing mrs R and edgar was so despondant it affected his play.

Draft saved Draft deleted