1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Ellison the first Muslim to be elected to Congress!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RAMBO, Nov 8, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Of course you think I am. Because you haven't learned to read or think.

If you don't think that the fundamentalist Christian loonies aren't a bigger threat to the values of a secular North American society, than you're not paying attention.

The "radical Muslims are out to convert and kill us" war cry which we hear regularly from the Hondo Ilk borders on hysteria. It's a bogeyman.

And no, I'm not saying that the wackbar Islamic fundamentalists aren't a threat. But last time I checked they haven't set up super churches in Memphis.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

He's quoting an incredibly UNSCIENTIFIC and therefore invalid poll conducted at a Muslim conference in Chicago, I believe. Even the poll takers admit it wasn't valid.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Alley, oh, THAT poll. Forgot about that one. That was the best unintentional comedy around here in a long time.

I loved that. "Muslims for a Safe America" or something. Founded in like, 1963 or something because as we all know, everyone was worried about a real or perceived Muslim threat in the 60's.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

According to the polls, the majority of people in the country are against the war and against the President.

Why do you hate America, hondo?

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well played, Ace.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What's the current body count charged against fundamentalist Christians from the deep South? They behead anyone lately?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

apples and oranges

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wrong. You seem unable to see differences among Muslims. Why, then, should you see differences among Americans?

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Hold up, hold up, hold up. What kind of question is that? That's like asking which one of your sons do you love the most. Islam isn't a race. It isn't a country. It's a religion. I'm not an American first and Muslim second nor am I a Muslim first or an American second. I'm an American Muslim.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Once again, learn to read.

The "if-they-weren't-so-dangerous-they'd-be-hilarious" Bible Thumpers who want to force their narrow and distorted view of Christianity on everyone --in the schools, in the government--are as committed to a vision of a theocractic society as the radical Muslims. They will destroy the values of a secular, mostly tolerant North American society.

When you get dingbats who want to give ID equal education time with Darwinian theory, you know the loonie fundamentalist rabble has a foot in the door.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

You know it's funny youmention the Democrat Party thing, when I heard that during his presser I started laughing and said to myself "oh shit JR will be on the board ranting about this."

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted