1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Ellison the first Muslim to be elected to Congress!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RAMBO, Nov 8, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

We could say the same of you, why do you insist on calling the the President of the United States Fredo?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, idiot, if you had bothered to click the link and read the guy's bio and background you'd know where he stands.
    But it's much easier for a good Christian like yourself to just make fun of the guy.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Yes

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

And then we move on.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I did ask that question, on election night, referring to Heath Shuler and the guy from southern Indiana.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't make fun of anyone. I asked a simple question: how will he vote, and how will he fall into line with the Democratic leadership of Nancy Pelosi, on issues related to women, gays and abortion?
    Is there such a thing a socially liberal Muslim?
    Simple question. I'm not passing judgment on anyone. Just asking.

And I read his stand on issues. Right out of the Pelosi playbook. All I'm wondering is whether he will forget those stances now that he's in.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of time before a Jew is elected to the Iranian Guardian Council.

8. Wow.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I believe that sums things up quite nicely.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

hondo,

I just happened to get my copy of the Pelosi Playbook in the mail this morning.

Dammit! I think we've been had!!!

[​IMG]

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You know exactly what I've been talking about. I simply used a sprots term.

Here's a re-phrase, for Ace and other people who have reading comprehension problems:

How will Keith Ellison balance his stances on the issues as laid out on his web site (stances which fit neatly within the parameters/playbook/talking points/platform of the Pelosi wing of the Democratic party) with the historic tenets of the Muslim faith as it regards women, homosexuals and abortion. Does Keith Ellison renounce the practices of his faith in other countries in regards to the treatment of gays, women who are accused of adultery (and who have been the victims of rape), etc.

I'm not taking a position one way or another. But if Keith Ellison holds true to what was on his web site, it will be at tremendous odds with even the most liberal wing of Islam.

How's he going to do it?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. You may notice, hondo, that some of the different branches of Islam don't seem to be exacly on the same playbook themselves.

How can Muhammad Ali be considered a champion of world peace when he is a Muslim?

How can I be a Christian and be opposed to nearly everything the Southern Baptists may wish to do politically?

Draft saved Draft deleted