1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

keepmikeshula.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bill Horton, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Sorry if I am DBing this, but ...
    this site is thick with sarcasm, sort of like Stephen Colbert as an Auburn fan.
    It's actually run by Auburn fans who have fooled some Alabama fans into thinking it's a serious web site. They've hooked 'em like a fish and they're reeling them in.
    www.keepmikeshula.com

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What's wrong with Mike Shula?

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Haven't you heard? Chicks dig him, but imagination escapes him.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I hadnt heard that...

5. Bill Horton

chicks dig him and even Mrs. Horton thinks he's a hottie, but if you get up close, he has little dark hairs growing on the outside of his nose. Not inside, OUTSIDE!
    I might not be much of a hottie, but at least I don't have a hairy nose!!!!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mike Shula gets a free pass from half the state of Alabama based on his looks alone.
    Caint tell yew how many times I've heard "but Coach Mike is so hot" after Darby is nailed for a two-yard loss...

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know something, this is the golden age for Auburn football. They won every game they played in 2004. They might do the same this year, and make it to Fiesta Bowl 2: Electric Boogalo in the process. I know about Shug Jordan and Pat Dye, and Tommy Tuberville still may be the best coach they've ever had. They win games, they have an aesthetically pleasing offense, they put players in the NFL and every time any sort of scandal threatens to erupt, shit never sticks to them. It's the best of times.

And yet for all that, 90%-plus of the fanbase can't just enjoy it for what it is. They always have to benchmark themselves against Alabama. They always have to prove that they "belong," they can't be truly happy unless it's low Tide in Tuscaloosa. Whenever you read their letters to the paper, their blogs and message boards, there's always that obsession with what Bama's up to, what discipline Shula is or isn't handing out, why there are so many Alabama fans who didn't attend the school and a million other pieces of petty bullshit. No matter how great their team does, they will always have that "little brother" inferiority complex, just like their cousins at Florida State, Michigan State and every other "No. 2-in-the-state" school.

Penis envy. An Auburn tradition since 1856.

8. Bill Horton

spoken like a true Bammer fan.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

So some Auburn fans, in the midst of a possible BCS run for their own team, started a web site to document every move of an opposing team's coach?

One word: Yougottabefuckingkiddingme.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

dot com...

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Co-worker (and hardcore Bammer) recently said of the Tide head coach:

"My life will be complete when I hear Shula say these words - 'Welcome to Shula's Steakhouse. Our specials tonight are ...' "

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sent mom and pops to Shula's this weekend. Said it was top-notch.

Draft saved Draft deleted