1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katz: Cheer up, state of Michigan, Beilein's boys are here to save you

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Nov 21, 2008.

1. OK, for some reason, MSU fans always say otherwise. But they've got a dog in the hunt.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No way. Like 65-35. Nobody roots for EMU, CMU OR WMU as a primary school, when I went to Central all the Chippewa fans rooted for UM to win.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yes, but Central fans are mo-mos...

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm not going to respond to that because I need your football team, which is inferior to mine, to win next week. ;D

Our third consecutive MAC championship and Motor City Bowl Title thanks you in advance.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not until Ed Martin pays Albom as well as he did the Fab Five.

And Starman, there are some decent points. But all in all, forget it. It was a good win for Michigan, and if even half of what people say about John Beilein is true, bully for him.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well, Starman considering only one guy on the Fab Five team was being paid (two if you count Bulluck in the later years) I would say that does not constitute as a payroll. Besides, do you honestly believe Webber would have gone anywhere else?

That's the sad thing. They could have gotten him without the money and won- oh wait, they didn't win because Webber blew it.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, he also has that whole death thing working against him too, and all...

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

No, but he'll write a book as if he did.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ahh, WMU and CMU get a few percentage points in GR, Muskegon, Saginaw and Traverse City.

Kalamazoo is probably 60 UM, 20 WMU, 10 MSU and 10 ND.

Grand Rapids is as near as an open city as there is in the state, probably 60 UM, 10 CMU, 10 WMU, 10 MSU and 10 ND.

Lansing is probably 60 MSU, 30 UM, and the directionals splitting up the rest. UM heavily dominates the rest of the state.

Jalen Rose was on the Ed Martin payroll, too. And of course, neither he nor Webber ever seriously considered going anywhere else. They went through the recruiting charade mainly as a way to scam free travel and free tickets to big basketball games off of sucker coaches at other schools.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

True, but you of all people know that Mitch knows how to maximize revenue streams ... living or dead.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed.

And I have no dog in this hunt, but "unmitigated bucket of suck" is one of the great expressions ever coined here.

12. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

Perhaps Ed Martin is one of the five people Mitch'll meet in heaven.

Draft saved Draft deleted