1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Nolan, the NFL and Sports Media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Sep 9, 2014.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You're in luck bc Rosie O'Donnell is going to the Derby!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Her best work that I've seen was on Drunk History.

She will get a lot of new viewers and become something of a mini-craze with the biggest platform. She's talented. I assume that in fine ESPN tradition (which is like fine newspaper tradition), they'll find what she does very well and then immediately remove her from it and put her on something she doesn't do well.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It is. But ESPN isn't really in that business as much anymore. Even Randy Moss, who can be hilarious, has been reduced to a bore.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

She's got the one thing you can't teach, on-camera charisma. Whether or not ESPN will be able to harness it remains to be seen. That Fox Sports couldn't figure out how to use her says a great deal, all bad, about Fox Sports.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I bet you're right. She can be very irreverant/funny, especially in extended rants, but will ESPN give her that much room? Using her for sound bites on another crowded panel show would be a waste.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted