1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Couric is getting hammered

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by You're With Me Leather, May 8, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How Katie can become #1
    1. Go to Iraq
    2. Hope an RPG or some such attack knocks over some soldiers while she is out on patrol
    3. With cameras rolling - take over the .50 caliber and start shooting the hell out of the insurgents/Shia/Sunni/terrorists/tourists - jump off the Humvee and carry at least three of the soldiers or Marines over her shoulder to safety, pick the hot shrapnel out of their skin and make sure they are safe - resume shooting the hell out of that .50 cal letting out a "war yell(updated)" something along the lines of "Taste this you Scheiffer-loving bastards!"

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

A war hell?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was...awkward, to say the least. Add in the fact that her makeup looked like it had been applied on a bouncy train on the way to the stadium, and I kept having this image in my head of her being detained at customs for a year, finally getting out and rushing over to the set while waving and tape and shouting, "I have my story! I have my story!"

4. Watching that show, I always had this unspeakable urge to beat Balki to within an inch of his life. And I'm a pacifist, by nature.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was kind of surprised CBS went so far out of their way to get her - As I recall at the time of her hiring she was "hated" by the right even more than Dan Rather. If CBS really wanted to shake things up they'd hire O'Reilly, but at this point there isn't a whole lot they can do.

Draft saved Draft deleted