1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Baker, The Confessions of a Fomer Adolescent Puck Tease

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jan 28, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wait. People are dishonest online? Really?

[​IMG]

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Scheezy,

Pretty funny that a girl you talked to for hours on end on AOL calls you a geek.

Did you come back with "I know you are, but what am I?" or anything?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm still very awkward around women. Just ask my wife.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm getting better, and I figure by the time I'm 65, I'll be totally confident around younger women -- none of whom will be interested in me.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Being shy or awkward around girls/women doesn't make you a geek.

But being a geek does tend to make you shy and awkward around women.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

My god, this story makes me want to just go outside and take in some fresh air. ... Slightly off topic, and I'm sure I'll be one of the few here who feel this way, but I'm starting to realize I hate the internet more and more. I only go to a handful of sites and I'm bored after 15-20 minutes.

And to be honest, I kind of love it. It's forcing me to get around to things I've put off for ages. "It's a big world out there," is kind of my thinking these days.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am actually beginning to feel the same way.

For example, we have instituted a house rule that no electronic screens are to be open while children are still awake. No television, and particularly, no laptops and Internet.

My two most difficult habits to break would probably be fantasy sports, which might garner an exception, and this place, because the discourse is often so elevated compared to the rest of the Internet.

I want to read that new book about Facebook/social networking and its negative effect on people, "Lonely Together."

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK written.

Lucky, lucky lucky things didn't turn out much worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted