1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kathleen Parker Leaving CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Deeper_Background, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No. C-SPAN doesn't have news bureaus all over the world, smart boards, great graphics, music, etc.

I'm not advocating an end to high production value, in fact, I'd up it. But any anchor who's been 'personality-fied' has to go. That includes Anderson Cooper. I think he's very talented, just not a great fit for what CNN could be. Let him go do his thing elsewhere.

Every anchor and reporter goes 'Brooks Brothers suit.'. No more 'club' outfits on the female anchors. No more sleeveless. I want female anchors who deliver the news like Judy Woodruff... but look like Grace Kelly. I want male anchors like Leon Harris used to be on CNN. You had no idea about his politics... He was a warm straightshooter.

Their reporting ranks are pretty good as they are, I'd just squeeze more out of 'em. Candy Crowley and Barbara Starr can stay. CNN needs more reporting, more information.

It's kind of like what finerelli said up there... Go back to the future.. Rediscover the old way... Only with better production value.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I meant by C-SPAN comparison that you want something dry, as you said above.

Maybe a TV version of All Things Considered/Morning Edition is what I should have said.

Anyway...I'd love it. You'd love it. I do wonder how much of an audience there would be.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Man, am I weird in that I don't find All Things Considered to be dry at all? Sometimes there is subject matter that I'm not interested in (and back to sports radio goes my dial) but for the most part, they are exactly what reporting should be...and that includes being interesting to a (relative) layman.

Draft saved Draft deleted