1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karl Rove: Atheist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, May 6, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And this coming from a guy who got duped by his government and is still believing the codswallop.

Who's dense again?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just four more words for dense and you'll have a blog entry, bucko.

Keep reaching for the stars...

3. JR the bigot weighs in. No surprise there. Hoping to get this thread locked up too?

So hillbillies are funny to you and from other threads I see you look down on people from Manitoba and Labrador in your home country as well (along with countless other people you probably view as beneath you and your Toronto cosmopolitan liberal views). I think there is a word for people who are prejudice against people based upon where they are from, what they look like or what they believe.

Stepping away from that for a second - why was it that you felt the need to chime in here? Do you wish to pass yourself off as a biblical scholar? Is Karl Rove's religious beliefs somehow important to the people of Canada? Or did you just want to pick a fight with me?

If its the last - I'm easily found.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Chris,

How would you describe your God that you believe in?

5. Ace - I'm assuming you had a serious question so I will answer it seriously.

I have never felt the certainty that there was a God based upon personal experience of having been touched by "the Spirit". I have studied the historical Jesus and I am left wondering why Paul - who did not know Jesus during Jesus' life - would be so moved to give up everything to follow him and become a church leader. Einstein said that God was the sum total of all the energy in the universe but that doesn't explain it enough for me. I think the answer lays somewhere in between St Paul and Einstein.

Who is God or what is God is a question that man has been asking though the ages. You'd be better off asking me who will win the Super Bowl in 2008.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Memo to Chris:

Hillbillies is a metaphor for mouthbreathers like you who couldn't construct an argument with a bucket of Lego. Oh, and are you now stalking me and keeping track of my silly references to people from Manitoba?

Don't you have a Red Sox game to blog--you know, to impress the 12 year old groupies who undoubtedly follow you around?

Oh, and last time I checked, this was an internet message board. I don't need your permission to post .

And no, Rove's religious beliefs aren't of interest to anyone.

But his complicity in an illegal war resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands of people are.

And I still find it astonishing that you post here.

And your Kennedy and Swiftboat references--tired old shit from a guy who's bankrupt of ideas.

Have you no shame?

7. Umm.. have you read the title of this thread?

Reading comprehension would be a plus when clicking on threads.

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Ignore him, Chris. He's stuck on silly.
    Illegal war? Call the cops.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, Jethro, I've read the title of the thread.

And I'll repeat it once again: no one cares whether the slimiest member of Fredo's gang of thugs believes in God.

Got it?

Are you proud that he's complicit in the death of over 3,000 American soldiers and the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians?

Or are you going to keep spouting apologist nonsense?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, illegal war.
    Go bounce the concept around in your basement.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Guys, if the triple-digit-IQ conservatives of the board decide to chime in, then we can have a lively and possibly mutually-enlightening debate. But the paste-eating brigade isn't worth it. It's a waste of time.

12. I think you're completely wrong on evangelicals and Romney. I seriously doubt that more than about 20 percent of fundamentalists could bring themselves to vote for a Mormon under any circumstance.
    They believe that is not just a cult, but a religion founded by Satan. They'd rather see a Jew or an athiest as president than a Latter-Day Saint.

Draft saved Draft deleted