1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kareem Hunt Brutalizes and Kicks Woman in Hotel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In defense of the league/Chiefs, if the entity possessing the tape refuses to give them a copy and the police refuse to give them a copy, what are they supposed to do?

TMZ pays people and there is zero doubt that they obtained the tape from someone who wasn’t authorized to provide it to them.

CD Boogie likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When Aaron Hernandez was arrested, the Globe ran an article looking at security for NFL teams with a focus on the Pats. One thing the outside security experts claimed was that the people hired by teams and the NFL should have the connections in law enforcement to get non-public information. This seems like a good time for that skill.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A white cop vs a black athlete is ridiculous comparison. Are white athletes who are charged with domestic violence treated differently, that is the proper point of reference.

Because white cops who shoot and black cops who shoot are treat similarly

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Does the exempt list put a hold on him going through waivers as released? If youre a fringe playoff team do you claim him almost just to keep him away from a team chasing you? Would be best for league, optically, to freeze the thing but I dont know how that works

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ray was unable to drag her over 3 yards.

Hell, KHunt shoved two people further than that.

I’m just logging in. Redskins have claimed him by now?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think its what he did that got him released. It's the fact that he lied to the Chiefs about it.

John B. Foster and Vombatus like this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Michael Vick engages for years in systematic dog fighting and he’s now dispensing opinions on the league every weekend on TV. Hunt will get another shot if he’s worth it; if he’s not — hello, kaepernick — then he won’t

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Too soon?

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The KC Star's Sam Mellinger reports that the Chiefs waited until the Commissioner's exempt list ruling before releasing Hunt. That way, with him presumably ineligible to return this season, he won't be able to play against the Chiefs this year.

This isn't a Ray Rice situation — not exactly. For one thing, Rice had maybe a year or two at most left in him, so who's going to pick him up? Hunt is younger and better than Rice, so I bet he gets another chance in the league. The NFL isn't squeamish about employing all sorts of degenerates and wife beaters and flat-out criminals, but the big difference, as always, is that there's video. I could see the Raiders picking him up in the offseason.

I'm kinda pissed at Hunt for perhaps ruining the Chiefs chances at a Super Bowl, but, you know, fuck him. YOU DON'T HIT A WOMAN. EVER.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jim Brown award winning Kareem Hunt?

He will claim to have abused alcohol. He will go to a 30 day in patient treatment facility in Santa Fe or San Diego. And An out of court settlement with a trump clause of silence

He will meet with Tony Dungy, get the Hall of Fame Saint’s blessing as reformed and will on the field by week 5 of 2019 if not sooner.

You know it, I know it. Goodell knows it

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Chiefs' statement makes that clear.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He's on the Adrian Peterson track. Or maybe the Joe Mixon track. He's too good and too young to be out of the league for long.

Draft saved Draft deleted