1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kareem Hunt Brutalizes and Kicks Woman in Hotel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Nov 30, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I was wrong. It happened in February and they didn’t act until Nov 30. Why would one think they would care now?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is my thinking, too. Then again, I was surprised that the Chiefs cut him. I was also a little impressed by the team's decision, though I would have been more impressed if they had taken some action in the first place.

The statement from the Chiefs makes it sound like they are cutting him for lying about the incident rather than for what he did. That doesn't make them look great, either.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In related news, I always thought a black quarterback like Doug Williams wasn't smart enough to be a VP.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Guess it’s not a huge surprise the Chiefs acted quickly here. We’re not all that far removed from the Jovan Belcher incident in the team’s stadium parking lot.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Doug Williams signed Foster. How smart is that?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I doubt he was the one making that call, but he did make some foolish comments while talking about the move. He has already apologized for making insensitive remarks.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

VIDEO.

melock likes this.
  8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

If a white police officer is caught on tape shooting an unarmed black person, the typical organizational reaction is "we need to investigate, the video doesn't always tell the whole story." Rarely is the officer eventually fired and even more rarely is he/she charged with a crime.

If a black athlete is caught on tape in a physical altercation with a woman, he is cut within hours. No investigation, no waiting for criminal due process. No support from his NFL "family" for whom he has been sacrificing his health. This is from a league that sells violence as entertainment.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing the Chiefs had no inkling this was coming down the pike - yet...it sounds like this has been known for a few months. Chiefs might have wanted to get some insurance at RB, someone like Bell?

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah police unions are a lot stronger than the nflpa might be a factor

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The NFL can cut any player at any time for anything. Cops? There is a process.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

She Hate Me.

Iron_chet and justgladtobehere like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted