1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas-Toledo game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flip Wilson, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

So I was watching this game tonight while feeding the baby (he turns a month old tomorrow) and a question came to mind:

If you put the two head coaches together on a big ol' scale, what do you think you'd come up with? I'm not making fun, mind you; I'm no shrinking violet myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bear

Bear New Member

A broken scale.

3. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Is the KU coach's daughter still excited about that head job?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I interviewed Tom Amstutz in his office once. I had my fingers on the 9-1-1 speed dial and was ready to dispatch emergency services to the Glass Bowl stat if need be, dude was laboring.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Mark Mangino will drown his sorrows with a steaming bowl of lard. I, too, am what Phil the Showkiller would call "fat", but I'll be damned if Mangino's head wouldn't make a hell of a bowling ball. It's perfectly round.

6. I think the Toledo coach grows 15 inches wider each year. He was a pencil under Pinkel.

7. kbb

kbb Member

Were the two coaches able to get close enough together to shake hands after the game?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I went to interview a fat high school coach once. Dude was easily three bills. It's about 3 in the afternoon, maybe an hour before practice, and the coach says he hasn't eaten yet and asks if he can eat while we talk. I say no problem.
    We head into his office, and coach brings along a shopping bag. He sits down and pulls out a box of chicken and a 2-liter of Hawaiian Punch. As we're talking, he's devouring the chicken and taking slugs of Punch straight from the 2-liter. And the whole time he's wearing one of those "Big Daddy" T-shirts that, since this was the South in mid-August, had plenty of sweat stains.
    It took everything I had and then some to keep from laughing my ass off.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought the same thing last night when I got home from work.
    I thought Amstutz was fat, but Mangino... DAY-UM

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

God put those two guys on earth to make Ralph Friedgen look healthy.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

The one thing I seriously thought when I saw him tonight is how the fuck does he take a whiz? I mean, that guy's stubby arms can be long enough for him to reach his dick, can they?

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

When I saw the game last night, Dr. J and I realized that he weighed more than the two of us combined.

I mean, how is he still living? Wouldn't a game like that give him a heart attack?

Draft saved Draft deleted