1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas suspends tax refunds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Feb 16, 2009.

1. So let me understand.

The government in Kansas doesn't have the money to pay the bills but it's not a deficit situation?

The budget passed by the legislature includes cuts because of lower than expected 2009 tax revenues but they are the bad guys for making cuts in the face of lower revenues? The governor wants to borrow from Peter to pay Paul and also no have any cuts in the 2009 budget and in your mind she's the one acting responsible?

Do I have this correct?

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Kansas . . . Pubes . . . talk about compounding a felony.

They luuuuuv Sam Mossback, which is all you really need to know . . .

4. Any guesses on who campaigned on a platform of tax cuts?

Anybody?

Bueller?

5. Shocked this didn't happen in my state. Thankfully, I've already received my state refund.

6. Tick...tock...story's still not about next year's budget, but this year's payroll, and the po-flingers who want to hold it hostage because they simply don't give a damn about the country, or, in this case, the state.

7. What's the matter with Kansas and why can't they pay their bills?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would rather Kansas keep her and ditch Brownback and Roberts in Congress, not to mention a lot of people voted into the state Senate who have had it out for Sebelius because she's not a Republican, because they fear she's going to raise taxes (which to my knowledge still has not happened yet).

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Brownback's not running for re-election. The thinking was Sebelius would go for his seat.

10. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

If she did raise taxes, they might not have a budget deficit. And around and around we go. . .

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good. Brownback can't go soon enough.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Reading this post made me think of this Sanford and Son skit

http://splicd.com/HP_Oxexa7mM/144/201

Draft saved Draft deleted