1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kaepernick sits out the anthem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 27, 2016.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hey now!

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

We now know the answer, and it's Trump!

Trump credits his Twitter wrath for Kaepernick's unemployment - CNNPolitics.com

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Seahawks with Kaep would be interesting. He might curry more favor among teammates than Wilson.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't want to wish an injury on anyone, especially a good guy like Wilson, but I would LOVE to see the Seahawks fall apart under the direction of Kaepernick. Couldn't happen to a better team.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If I brought the beer and promised to leave my tree hugging liberalism at the door could I join you in watching the demise of the Seahawks?

QYFW likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He'd be welcomed by most if he had just beaten the shit out of a woman.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Exactly. He just needs some sort of grand gesture that will get him back in the league's good graces.

I suggest stripping a little boy's pants off and whipping his balls until they're bleeding. NFL fans thought that was great, and Peterson was signed pretty quickly this off season.

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Hate to burst more delusion bubbles, but Ray Rice has been out of the league for years and won't return. The fans I know did not think Adrian Peterson's act of discipline "was great." I am not sure I would say he was signed quickly, but that one is up for debate. Either way, barring some sudden burst of health, I don't think we'll have Adrian Peterson to kick around much longer.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Not to get into the debate whether Kaepernick is good enough to be on a roster or not, but if he was a Hall of Fame caliber talent like Peterson, at least one team would find it in its heart to forgive him.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Kaepernick said that after last season -- that there was nothing more to be gained by the protest and the point had been made.

Draft saved Draft deleted