1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

K-State fans unhappy about their new beat writer for Wichita Eagle/KC Star

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Aug 29, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I'm sick and tired of the folks in here who pull out the "gotchas" when a DB pops up. So freakin' what? There are folks, like me, who don't camp out on this site 15 hours a day, and sometimes we will log in and not immediately see a certain thread subject and start one of our own with honorable intent.

To those of you just sitting there waiting to jump all over someone who unwittingly DB's, chill out. Get a life.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sigh.

Dude, that's been posted here before, many times. Keep up.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outrage over a d_b is such a d_b

4. Johnny Dangerously

True dat, d_w.

5. You only cover us when Ell Roberson isn't playing!

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Hey hey hey. As one of those psychotic K-State fans, I have nothing...and I do mean NOTHING, on the fucking psychotic freaks that surround me now that I live in Kentucky. We are very, very mild compared to these fuckers, who would DIE if they don't get their daily dose of John Calipari's tweets.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know Ron Prince isn't there anymore, so K-State fans need to be reminded ...

"Don't forget your crying towel. Bring it to every game."

[​IMG]

8. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Maybe so, but some folks here aren't getting the message. Obviously. Just like children, they need to be told agian and again.

Keep up? Sorry, I"m not in here 8-10 hours a day keeping track of every little thing like some seem to be doing.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Julian Edelman RULZ!!!!

10. Johnny Dangerously

Boy, clutch, do you need an oil change. I was JOKING. I was certain it would be obvious what I was doing. Guess not. Wow.

11. chester

chester Member

Are you talking about Kent State product Julian Edelman?

12. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

K-State fans are probably the most sensitive in the Big 12. They also read EVERYTHING, which is good for newspapers, except that they're mainly reading so they can find something to get offended by.

That said, I think they have a legitimate reason to be upset about this. I think they've overreacted, but I think some outrage is justified. They're fans, after all, and his blog was not written from a professional point of view, which is understandable, considering he wasn't even living in Kansas at the time.

But I agree that if he writes good stories, it ain't gonna matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted