1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

K-Rod's arrest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Aug 13, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thereby proving as bad as he is, he's not even the dumbest GM in his own league.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hisanori Takahashi pitches 1-2-3 9th to save 3-1 win over Astros.
    Who needs f'ing K-Rod.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The lights and glamour of playing in New York City has claimed another good player. K-Rod, the grass is not always greener in Flushing Meadows.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

What do the lights and glamour of NYC have to do with K-Rod being a piece of shit who beats up family members?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Because we all know New York is a city prone to violence and it makes even nice guys like K-Rod become violent.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mets put K-Rod on disqualified list.. indefinitely. He will not be paid until he pitches again and next year's money is no longer guaranteed.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Apparently, spnited got the sarcasm post, BYH, because you sure as hell didn't get it since you were going apeshit over "what does that have to do" bit.

He chose to go to NYC for the paycheck and the media. What the dumbass didn't expect is to get have the NYC media on his ass every time he takes the mound, and outside of the family room in Citi Field.

If he was in Anaheim, what are the odds that clocking his GF's old man was going to be headline news in La-La Land?

Not much.

That's why I said The lights and glamour of playing in New York City has claimed another good player. K-Rod, the grass is not always greener in Flushing Meadows.

Next time, I'll hold your hand BYH and walk you through every word and sentence anyone types, so that you can understand what's sarcastic and what's not.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Mets would be fine with keeping K-Rod if he made a million dollars instead of 12 millions of them or whatever it is.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I just want to know what was the beatdown all about.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/13782878/mlbpa-challenges-mets-actions-in-krod-case

MLBPA doing it's job. No sarcasm. They really are. But to say the Mets have "no basis" for what they are doing is ridiculous.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't go apeshit but you sure did with this six-graph screed. And I'm pretty sure spnited was laughing at you, not with you.

I have news for you: Assault charges levied at ballplayers tend to become headline news regardless of locale. I'd go all sarcastic and condescending on you, but you've already done a fine job of making yourself look like an ass, so I'll let your little rant stand on its own "merits."

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

These things tend to be oversimplified. I think the union is saying there's no basis in contractual or historical precedent to support the specific punitive actions taken by the Mets in this case, not that the club doesn't have the right to address a transgression.

Draft saved Draft deleted