1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

K-Rod Cheating?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goldglovechipper, Apr 4, 2007.

1. http://www.zumsteg.net/cheatersguide/2007/04/03/francisco-rodriguez-doctoring-the-ball/

I was watching the Angels/Rangers game today and noticed that he was touching his hat more than pitchers usually do. I wasn't sure if it was just his own personal habit, or if something fishy was going on. I'm thinking he's cheating.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Don't tell Gimpy this. :)

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Regardless what you think of blogs, this is outstanding work.
    Even if K-Rod isn't cheating.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Blogs do great work, no doubt. You guys are proof positive of that, BL.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The amount of research and double-checking on this blog is to be commended. If K-Rod is cheating, that karma will come back when he blows out his shoulder with that obscenely violent delivery. Even my shoulder hurts from watching that.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Even if this was cheating, did it really help? Weren't all the pitches fastballs with no movement?

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Very impressive work.

But as an Angels fanboy and a guy who drafted K-Rod on his fantasy team... screw the blogger!! You probably live in your mom's basement, blogger boy!!!

8. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I tracked down an AP photo from the opener. It looks as though there's some residue from whatever he was loading up the ball with.

But, Who knows? Could have been Preparation H. You never know when you'll have a flare-up.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Joe Niekro said that K-Rod wasn't doing anything wrong...

Gaylord Perry agrees...

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

That's very well done, I agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted