1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW goes off on the Rocket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Thinking Man, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

And yet the white folks don't seem to embrace a cheater like Bill Belichick very much.

2. Jason's won an APSE investigative reporting award. If he wants Clemens to go down so bad, maybe he ought to start digging himself, instead of trying to instruct everyone else to do so.

Maybe I'm naive, but I personally never thought of the Barry Bonds thing as race-related. In fact, Bonds always seemed to be like Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson, i.e., a guy who transcends racial categorizing. Whenever I used to read a Bonds race-related column or story, it would be like, "Oh, yeah, Bonds is black. Guess I never really thought of that." I mean, obviously I knew he was black, but I don't think people thought of him that way. Not the way they think of, say, Steve Nash as white.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

worst board move... by galaxies... is outing.

There really is NO other board crime in my book.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Of course it wasn't race-related.

The people who want Belichick suspended for a year ain't the black folks.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Question it all you like. Outing is the ultimate no-no on this board. Don't like it? Take it up with Webby or go elsewhere.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Judging from everything I've heard and read locally and nationally, there have been far more people defending/justifying Bonds than Clemens.

7. Man, great point. It's like it's become so popular to say, "People are picking on Bonds!" that the opposite has become true.

8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

No, I respect the rule. I just find it interesting, and like I said in my first post I understand why it's there. I'd just think that constant harassment or stalking might be worse offesnes. In the end, though, it doesn't matter one way or the other. They're all wrong. :)

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Whitlock constantly argued the point and disrespected people's choice to remain anonymous on this board before finally crossing the line and outing another poster.

I agree completely regarding the harrassment and stalking, though unfortunately those tend to be much lower priorities for the board in general.

Draft saved Draft deleted