1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justin Timberlake/Tina Fey to Host Oscars?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences has reportedly asked Justin Timberlake to host the Oscars. No doubt bosses were impressed with Timberlake’s wickedly funny and entertaining performance as the Master of Ceremonies for ESPN’s 2008 ESPY Awards. Members of the academy are apparently sure that the Grammy-winning song and dance man has what it takes to boost their sagging ratings for the 2009 show, and bring in younger viewers.
    “They think Justin can reel in young viewers and make the show much more exciting,” an Academy snitch reveals to the National Enquirer. “Justin’s more than a singer-he’s a song-and-dance man…Justin does it all and he knows how to work a star-studded audience. Our first question was, Can we get him?”

Justin is reportedly excited by the idea, but given his tempermental nature, the Academy has also reached out to comedienne Tina Fey, to guage her interest.
    http://www.hotmommagossip.com/2008/08/01/justin-timberlake-to-host-2009-academy-awards/

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re: Justin Timberlake & Tina Fey to Host Oscars?

i missed the espys, but timberlake has great instincts and chops. love fey, but not sure it's her thing.

3. Deeper_Background

Tina Fey would kick ass. Let JT do something else before he gets the big gig

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So the Grammys then? I'm assuming that's the next step up the ladder.

5. Deeper_Background

That's the one I was thinking of.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I find her uninteresting, but that's just me... she writes far better than she acts...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why in the name of all things holy are you on a site called HotMommaGossip?

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I think the Oscars will get plenty of ratings once a certain someone is nominated for a certain role he played in a certain movie that's #1 in the box office right now.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Timberlake busted his ass on the ESPYs, which has got to be one of the stiffest audiences for an awards show. I don't know about Tina Fey though. Sure people like her, but who does she bring to the table that isn't already watching?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't see either of 'em as being much of a draw. Bring on Jim Carrey.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I love Tina Fey. "30 Rock" has convinced me she was just stuck working with a bunch of dumbasses on SNL.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I might actually mute the TV during JT's monologues if they pick him. I'd rather watch Tina Fey any day of the week over him.

I miss the days of Billy Crystal hosting the Oscars.

Draft saved Draft deleted