1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justin Morneau is the AL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

BC-APNewsAlert/28
    BC-APNewsAlert

NEW YORK (AP) _ Justin Morneau of the Minnesota Twins has been voted the American League's Most Valuable Player by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes!

Justice has been served. Thankfully the rest of America didn't fall for the Jeter bullshit. What a crock he would have been as MVP.

Edit: Not bad for a guy the Twins wanted to get rid of last year. As others have said, I thought he was the third-most valuable player on his own team. Which still made him a far better candidate than Jeter.

And hey, as a buddy of mine just said about Jeter: "He's tapping Jessica Biel so he probably doesn't care."

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Who the fuck is Justin Morneau? [/spnited]

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wow. A historically bad choice.

5. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Damn, well I guess you can probably include Jeter in the "best player never to win an MVP award" debate after he retires. Morneau is definitely not a bad choice, but I have a feeling that without Jeter, the Yanks would have been swallowed up by that pit of despair known as Alex Rodriguez and finished out of the playoffs.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Didn't they see Jeter jump into the stands to catch that foul ball that one time?

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Why? because he wasn't a Yankee? ::) ::)

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Proud to be Canadian today.

What a GREAT choice. I wrote a column months ago on why he should be the MVP!

Us sports reporters have a collective brain after all!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Disagree. Johnny Damon had a great four months and Bobby Abreu had a great final two months. Robby Cano was brilliant, particularly after he came back from the DL. Yankees still make the playoffs...and still lose in the first round despite the presence of "Captain Intangibles."

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Not a bad choice. Personally, I would have picked Jeter, but Morneau would have been second on my ballot.

Does this put Justin ahead of Zolio Versailles in Twins history?

[​IMG]

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What the Pete Vuckovich...

Is Morneau even the Twins' MVP?

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yesterday was bothersome.

Not today.

Draft saved Draft deleted