1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justified

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This is why I watched, too.

2. maberger

maberger Member

SPOILER!!!

the episode felt a lot like elmore leonard, altho i think givens would have shot boyd in any non-TV leonard version -- no need for continuing characters, an apologies if he didn't in the original story.

olyphant is like his 'deadwood' character, except on valium,or some kind of tranquilizer that slows him down by 10 percent.

for those that havent watched 'deadwood,' it's worth the effort.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I have only ever seen The Shield, Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck and they were all great.

My mom loves Damages, I may have to watch it sometime, I like Glen Close.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

We loved it. A perfect fit into the DVR rotation cause cable shows replay enough.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Deadwood is not a Western. Same as The Wire is not a cop programme

6. Bump.
    It's on in 20 minutes, East Coast time.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I watched the 5-minute version of the first show, enjoyed it and then had 55 minutes to spend doing something else.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Love the pedigree of the show. Elmore Leonard, Graham Yost, Michael Dinner. Glad they didn't kill off Walton Goggins. Great supporting cast as well. Must have set a record for "shit"s on a TV show not on pay-cable.

9. Oh no. Southpark has that record. EAS-ILY.

Really like this show. Good second episode.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Haven't seen a single show yet, but I'm thinking about catching up on all the episodes in the next day or two. For those of you still watching, is it worth it?

11. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Yes, yes it is. If for no other reason than Timothy Olyphant.

12. I think it's just OK so far. I enjoy watching it, but there's not as much depth to the plot or characters as I'd like. It seems a little primetime network-y to me so far.

That said, the first episode was dynamite.

Draft saved Draft deleted