1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just when you thought nothing further could be written about JFK's assassination

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, May 14, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

I feel shame about Michener. But has anybody ever really read War & Peace?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Tolstoy did.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I refuse to believe that anyone has read it without giving up and just skimming through the last 100 or so pages, where Tolstoy just goes off the rails.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When I was young and foolish I did with most of Dostoevsky one summer.

And I'm still alive to talk about it.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I was forcefed a bio on James Cook for a methods course that weighed in at over 700 pages. Seven hundred plus pages on a half-ass sailor. By a fellow named Beaglehole -- what a handle.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sam Malone read it in an episode of "Cheers," after Cliff suggested it would impress Diane and her literary friends. The episode ended with Sam intending to kill Cliff after learning there was a movie version he could have watched instead.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

8. markvid

markvid Guest

We will never have a definitive answer.
    And, yet, generations from now, the interest will still be as great as it is now.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Early frontrunner for Post of the Year, 10-words-or-less Division. Fenian, when we get you away from curren politics for a thread, you're fuckin' riot. IMO, some of your best work on this thread.

10. You are far from a wannabe, my brother.
    Write the fucking novel.

Draft saved Draft deleted