1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

just watched gawdawful "serendipity," but....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Sep 2, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

has god created two more beautiful women than kate beckinsale and bridget moynihan? i could stare into their eyes all day long. :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

Unrelated to the topic at hand, but the newsroom scenes were filmed inside the National Post in Toronto.

After I quit there, I boarded a plane to the South Pacific, took two sleeping pills, drank a Heineken, and fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later, groggy and half-drugged, and on the big screen in front of me was the desk I had just fled. After I stopped screaming, I found out the movie was, in fact, Serendipity.

What you want to call it, it was some trippy shit.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw that movie on a date. A woman I had gone out with a few times. What was it, about 5 or 6 years ago? I knew this woman and I were not going to work when we walked out and I was talking about how the premise for the plot was dumb and could/would never happen, and she was all feel good about the movie. It did, however, reaffirm one immutable fact of life. There are many ways to make a woman weak with desire; slipping drugs into her alcohol, expensive jewelry ... or giving her three hours of John Cusack. John Cusack can be my silver screen wingman any day.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

BUt it did make me read, "Love in the Time of Cholera," a pretty interesting book.

And yes, JC is one great actor. He and DB Sweeney were great in "8 Men Out."

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

The real question is, why in the hell were you watchcing it alone, Shockey?

6. "I can't fire them. I hired them for one day a week and they just started showing up every day. That was two years ago."

Met Cusack at the NBA All Star weekend in a great Chicago join't called O'Rourke's. (I'd kill for the wall-sized photo of Yeats they had.) Good guy, actually, and very smart. HIGH FIDELITY and SAY ANYTHING are the masterpieces, though.

"If you guys are such experts on women, how come you're all here on Saturday night at the Gas 'n Sip, drinking beers, with no women in sight?"

UPDATE -- Oh, and Beckinsale in Branagh's "Much Ado About Nothing."
    Gadzooks!

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

workin' on nfl tab stuff, scrolling through channels. i make no apologies for stopping when i see kate beckinsale. to have bridget moynihan added to the mix was just the cherry on top. 8) 8) 8)

oh, and "high fidelty" is an all-time great flick, i agree. 8) 8) 8).

8. Beckinsdale=unbelievably hot.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She was actually hotter in this movie, than she is now, with the teflon ta-ta's and a few other miscellaneous surgical touch-ups.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Duly noted.

Oh, and give me my 2 dollars?!?!

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Add me to the John Cusack Fan Club. And to the list of people who read "Love in the Time of Cholera" largely as a result of watching that movie. Of course, it took me forever to find a copy without a stupid "O" book club sticker on it. I refuse to help that woman out any.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

what about Grosse Point Blank? great flick.

Draft saved Draft deleted