1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just want to introduce myself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HookEm2014, Oct 19, 2011.

1. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

Hey yall,

I'm new to the site, and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris Hummer, and I'm a sophomore Journalism major at the University of Texas. I love sports and have always wanted to persue sports journalism, I work at the Daily Texan the student newspaper on campus and it is awesome.
    I'm also a huge Dallas sports fan, anything from Stars to Rangers so if you want to talk Dallas sports hit me up.
    Well this site looks awesome and I look forward to soaking it all up and meeting some cool people!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Roll Tide.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Welcome. Have fun.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Best of luck and welcome, although with UT & Dallas teams you've gone 0-for-whatever in my book.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Are you a man of wealth and taste?

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

You had me at first and I was prepared to make you my newest SJ-best friend, then you lost me. :'(

7. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

Guys Dallas sports is where it's at, and right now it's actually fun. Mavs won the title, Rangers in the series it's awsome (well except the Cowboys that is, they make me want to jump off a bridge), but seriously DALLAS IS AWSOME!

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, Hook, please calm down while persuing your awsomeness.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Fantastic.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

He's been around a long, long time. I hear he made damned sure Romo mishandled the snap.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Coke. Screen. Fucker.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Why the fuck do goddamn newbies feel they have to introduce themselves, these days?

And, newb, since you're pursuing your awesome sports journalism career and this is, well, a journalism Web site (style ruling, please), bone up on your grammar. We like punctuation 'round these hea pahts.

Draft saved Draft deleted