1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just signed up for Netflix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Pretty sure it's just movies, Norm. And by all means use the membership, even if you don't think you'll get a ton of use out of it. Start with revisiting the great movies of your youth, the bawdy teen flicks, whatever. Or look up AFI's Top 100 and start making your way through the great films you've never seen.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah, I think I might do the AFI thing. I've already got a decent head start just from the movies I've recorded on my DVR the past few years.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've never been much of a movie person, but I loved Netflix for the year I had it. Best thing was I didn't have to think about it: just set up a queue, watched them when I was ready and didn't worry about late fees.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Netflix has been a staple for me for a while now...and my 5-year-old has really gotten into the act, too. Every time we check the mail, he looks for those red envelopes. Then he'll rip into and either say, "It's my movie, Daddy!" or he'll snort and silently hand me my movie.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I re-signed up today. My roommate and I are going to split it. He gets one movie slot and I get the other two. Right now, I have a couple of movies lined up and followed everyone else's advice to do a TV show in the other.

1. Cashback
    2. Capote
    3. Lost, Season 1 (Disc 1 of 7 (Seriously? 7 fucking discs to get through one season? The Sopranos doesn't even take that many.))

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

1) Run Lola Run
    2) American History X
    3) Back to the Future, for old time's sake.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Have you never seen American History X?

8. ArnoldBabar

Wait, you watch like three movies a day, and you didn't have Netflix? Were you pirating, or spending half your salary at the video store?

And if you're new to Lost, believe me -- at the end of season 1, you're going to wish there were 17 discs instead of seven.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

And at the end of season 2, you're going to be like "what the fuck?"

10. ArnoldBabar

And a few episodes into season 3, you're going to be like "why the hell am I even watching this?" And by the end of season 3 you're going to be sitting in a puddle of your own excited urine.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude, I don't need Lost to do THAT.

12. ArnoldBabar

I know, you're like an overstimulated cocker spaniel puppy.

Draft saved Draft deleted