1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just saw that Tom Emanski commercial and wonder...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doctor x, Dec 21, 2006.

1. doctor x

doctor x Member

How come HIS teams always get group photos on the front of the sports section and our team doesn't, even though our boys try equally as hard?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Because your boys didn't go out and get the one video that YOU should have.

[​IMG]

3. KP

KP Active Member

Your boys didn't win back-to-back-to back AAU championships. Win something and we'll see about getting your boys some ink.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

My team uses the home plate trash can.

5. And I love running posed photos on the front page. It's awesome.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Nothing says "my publisher is a toolbag" better.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Did you guys read this scoop last baseball season?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Kansas-City-Royals.article.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49108&h=207&w=250&sz=25&hl=en&start=4&tbnid=gzuTn5d0015XjM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtom%2Bemanski%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"I don't see how trying to throw balls into a metal garbage can laid out behind home plate is going to help my defense," said Royals right fielder Reggie Sanders, who has yet to record a single outfield assist since July 12, 2005. "Tom says it will be more rewarding once I start actually getting the throws to go into the cans, but I'm beginning to think that it's impossible."

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sadly, I was at the game pictured.. the ticket stup says May 7, Royals at White Sox... Endy Chavez misjudged a ball so badly he jumped at the wall and the ball fell 10 feet behind him. Emansky couldn't do shit with that team.

10. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I mean, the hat is still REALLY funny.

11. KP

KP Active Member

It was when mesh back hats were considered cheap and just went out of style.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

OF NOTE...

On the third VHS (also available on BETA on Ebay), 19th minute...
    It is where Emanski is drilling the importance of proper two-out, double-relay technique...
    If you look beyond the blue mesh caps into the outfield, you can see him...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted