1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Only when I'm losing.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's funny this thread got bumped today, because Mrs. Stain and I are rewatching that show from the beginning and just watched that episode.

It's really amazing how good this show is. The plot lines are over the top, but the execution is wonderfully subtle. Besides the great Swanson lines, almost all of my favorite moments are just people's reaction faces. The best of all time was Andy's face when Mark fell into the pit back in the first (second?) season. Hilarious.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

When I go back and watch early episodes, particularly from the six-episode first season, the show seems so unsettled. Ron Swanson wasn't really Ron Swanson. Andy Dwyer was downright unlikable. Leslie Knope was female Michael Scott, not the empowered and competent bureaucrat we love now. April Ludgate was reduced to a tiny role. And Mark Brendanawicz just sucked. Tom Haverford was the standout character early.

Anyway, to keep in line with the point of this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=widD8jm-b-I&NR=1

"For what it's worth, I think you would make an incredible brunette. Ron Swanson."

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

"Now neither of you has a tiara. Problem solved."

Ron Swanson Justice.

6. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

When Chris takes Ron to the yoga studio, which sits next to a Greek restaurant. Ron thanks Chris for an experience that led him to be openminded.

Ron: "Now if you'll excuse me, but next door there's a spinning wheel of meat. I don't know what it is, but I'd like to try it."

7. turski7

turski7 Member

Talking about fishing: "It's like yoga, but I get to kill something."
    Ron's the best.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I for one am glad this thread got bumped. Now I know that I need to go watch this show from the beginning.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Skip Season 1.

11. Dash 7

Dash 7 Member

http://drunkronswanson.com/

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted