1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just for the record, I didn't win the $370 million lottery

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Mar 6, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would give two weeks notice, just because I think that is the right thing to do.

The short-term plan would be financial planning and finally listening to my doctor and getting myself in shape.

After that? As little as possible, with a lot of family time and travel thrown in.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since I didn't win the $370 Megamillions, I've gone to Plan B... tonight's $120 million Powerball drawing.

3. Sorry, our engagement's off.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, was that to anyone in particular, or were you just throwing that against the wall and see what fly went to examine it?...

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It's tough to win when you don't play.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The closest I came to winning the lottery was buying a ticket at the same gas station that sold the winning one.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'd think that a reporter worth $370 million would be a liability to any paper for whom they worked. They'd be an automatic target for lawsuits.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One ticket sold in Georgia; one sold in NJ. So I guess it's safe to assume the ticket I bought in Texas last week isn't a winner.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't win the Mega Millions, but I did win a new driver from the Golf Channel yesterday... so I got that going for me.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I won $2 ... with 11 of my co-workers. Hey, that's 16.67 cents ... If I invest that now, my great grandchildren might be looking at $1000.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I thought the least you could win was $4?

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I actually was talking about this yesterday, about what I'd do if I won. I honestly don't know that I'd change my life much. I'd buy my parents a much nicer house, give some money to my sisters to help them out, I'd buy two brand new cars and get myself my own place. I wouldn't stop working... way too young to retire, and just imagine how stress free work would be when you don't need the money. And I wouldn't move away... all of my friends are still here, why would I move to some rich town or to some exotic location?

Draft saved Draft deleted