1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just for the record, I didn't win the $370 million lottery

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

DAMNIT! And I was all set to put in my two-minutes notice at work.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Maybe we did. Doc bought the tickets.. hope he comes home with a winner.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Damn, looks like I'm finishing out my shift too.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I wouldn't quit if I won. I'd keep working for a while. Just go about my business and really irritate the piss out of everyone else before just getting up one day, walking out without saying a word and never look back.

5. I wouldn't quit on the spot. I'd at least wait until they found my replacement. I like my boss and my co-workers; I wouldn't screw them over like that.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd quit, move to the beach somewhere and offer to string for the local rag for free. I'm 34 and I know I'd be bored out of my mind within a year unless I had something to do on a fairly regular basis.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I think that's why my dad, 62, won't retire, even though he could certainly afford to. He knows there's only so many rounds of golf he can play before going stir crazy.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll golf with you... you can pay... that wont grow old for me....

9. John

John Well-Known Member

You'd have to bring the Snickers.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I actually have a plan on what to do with the money. What to do with my time is a thornier issue. Flying lessons. Lots of travel. But, like golf, there's only so much of that you can do. Thinking about it, you get an inkling on why some really rich people feel the need to have climbers drag them to the summit of Everest.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I need to go check my tickets, but if I did win, I wouldn't quit on the spot. I'd be meeting with the financial planners and the lawyers to make sure the money is well protected for a long retirement. Then I'd wait a few days and give notice I'm out of there end of the month.
    Gives them enough time to find a replacement (if they're going to replace me) and get him/her up to speed on our system.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I used to say I wouldn't quit my job but I would have a helicopter bring me to work every day. Now I'm thinking I probably would quit just so I could do stringer work for fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted