1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just a small paper, but still.....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by I Digress, Feb 2, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Another paper makes a decision

"Extreme situations now deserve extreme measures. Effective Tuesday, Feb. 10, the Piqua Daily Call will cease Tuesday publication on that day. The PDC will now come to your doorstep and be available at your local businesses on Monday and will then resume publishing editions Wednesday through Saturday."

http://www.dailycall.com/main.asp?SectionID=86&SubSectionID=164&ArticleID=153904

2. Dr. Ted Nelson

Dr. Ted Nelson New Member

There is a rumor floating around the building that my paper (30K) has considered this - eliminating one day of print.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

not uncommon for a small paper

4. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

I know of two other Ohio daily papers in small towns like Bellevue and Van Wert have already cut back publishing on I think Tuesdays.
    EDIT: Actually two other daily papers in Piqua's newsgroup along I-75, the Troy Daily News and Sidney Daily News, are also cutting their Tuesday editions too. All three and the VW and Bellevue paper are all owned Brown Publishing, I believe

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Honestly, if there's a day you can lose, Tuesday is it. At least from a sports perspective ...

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I suppose, but you lose MNF, the NCAA Championship, and the U.S. Open playoff (if there is one.)

Plus Tuesday's a great "take out the trash" day where you can run submitted grip-and-grins, etc. that you didn't have room for the rest of the week.

Draft saved Draft deleted