1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jussie's attackers: Nigerian brothers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fair point. Maybe a thread focused solely on Trump, then another politics thread for other stuff (that may or May not include Trump) would be helpful. I mean, if I want to converse on some other political issue, maybe page after page of Daniel Dale tweets breaks up a good dialogue unnecessarily.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No doubt. The idea that every story tangentially touching on politics belongs on one thread is a bad one. It's too cumbersome to follow, it stifles good discussion.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you think a topic deserves it's own thread then start one.

And dont write, "How come nobody has started a thread on this topic I think is super important ?"

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I never started one because I don’t know what to think about what’s happened. Still don’t. Because I don’t know exactly what’s happened.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They also work their way up the food chain to Fox News, at which point whatever Fox News said is accepted as the truth.

It still pisses me off that Trayvon Martin was just walking home minding his own business until Fox News decided he wasn't.
    And please, spare me the "George Zimmerman had no way of knowing he was just walking home minding his own business" crap.

qtlaw likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

George Zimmerman had no way of knowing he was just walking home minding his own business. :rolleyes:

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

George Zimmerman will get Trayvoned one of these days. He's too stupid to live to a ripe old age.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Really?

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The incident involving Smollett? I have no idea what happened.

I will say this: The Chicago police were the ones who publicly acknowledged that they were investigating this as a possible hate crime. The Chicago police were the ones who refuted reports that Smollett staged the incident. And Chicago police have publicly stated that they'll file charges against Smollett for filing a false police report if this is proven to be a hoax.

Sounds to me like the Chicago police have a handle on this and are doing their due diligence. I'm content to withhold an opinion on whether it happened and what it all means until then. People who are already making a determination without all of the information are just seeking to confirm their preconceived notions, whether they're on the left or the right.

Smallpotatoes and JC like this.
  10. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Once again, a couple of detectives leak shit and a news outlet makes zero effort to corroborate.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Inside job. Smollett paid guys to attack him.

Draft saved Draft deleted