1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

June Jones resigns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Boise State beat Southern Miss as well.

Go back to your Razorbacks fanboi board.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

To add with what was said about the conditions and the situation with the UH athletic department, they ain't got much when it comes to money either. The boosters, in numbers, are small and can't make up the difference to offset it. Plus, consider that Hawaii got paid by the Sugar Bowl, only to turn around and spilt it evenly with everyone else in the WAC.

Secondly, the AD has been lukewarm about any contract negoitations, up to a point where reportedly he had yet sat down with Jones or his agent to start talking about it. The former AD, who hired Jones, mentioned it would be wise for the current one to do whatever it takes to keep Jones on the islands. The athletic department and the school is nothing without a consistent winner that the mainland can follow and watch. They have been promised upgrades for athletic facilities, but as I mentioned, there isn't that many boosters to round up and get them to scratch checks.

For as much as Anthony Robbins and Carlton Sheets hang out in Hawaii, those self-centered bastards could be generous and fork over a couple of $$$$$ and have their names slapped on Aloha Stadium.

A recruiting coordinator in the states? Pfft, please.

3. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

TCU beat Houston on the Who-Cares Bowl.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Apparently people would pick this story if they had one story to read in the morning.

5. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

UH should still net about $3.5 million after they pay for expenses. That's still pretty good money.

6. sportschick

Your avatar is distracting me . . .

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You're welcome for introducing you to the joy of him. :D

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The number is kinda cool. ;D

9. sportschick

He is a wonderful thing.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wiseass.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hawaii is one of the toughest jobs in the country... The fact that Jones had success there just shows what a great coach he is... I guarantee you they have the worst facilities in their conference, which is saying a lot...

If I'm not mistaken, he was there a long time, so I'm impressed they kept him as long as they did.

Good for Jones... I'm just a little surprised he couldn't do any better than SMU...

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Not all Arkansas fans suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.