1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

June Jones resigns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He has an offer from SMU (see the post you quoted silly), so yea, I'm sure it's connected.

2. sportschick

Uga's dick still shoved down your throat there, fanboi?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Last I checked, until they get paid, it's not a Ritz-Carlton.
    You are in school on a free ride, deal with it.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

sportschick-

please tell me anything i got wrong there. even if i was looking at this objectively, instead of fanboi-laughing-at-stupid-mid-major-ly, i think i'd come to the same conclusion.

and sheet, i said i would STAY at hawai'i.

5. sportschick

And when the school is refusing to provide soap or allowing conditions to exist where kids are getting staph infections, I'd say players have a right to bitch.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Rumor-mill says there's an NFL job that has peaked his attention.

No fucking way he goes back to ATL.

June/Tuna; LMAO.

Oakland; Hmmmmmmm. Kiffin wants the hell out of there. Al likes his coaches to throw it all over the lot.

Supposedly, he's flying to Dallas tomorrow. Something just doesn't seem right about the SMU deal.

Other than money, what's the point?

If a damn JUCO would pay him 2 million a year, would he go there?

Where's the upside in this?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

From what I've been reading, Hawaii needs June Jones much more than June Jones needs Hawaii.

First off, Jones believed in the program before he took the job. Secondly, the recruiting budget is miniscule, further exacerbated by the fact that Jones has to fly almost everywhere to get any recruits that aren't convenient to him on Oahu. Third, what SC has that Colt Brennan said. Fourth, was the athletic department planning to use any of the BCS bowl windfall to correct these financial issues?

My guess on the last one is no. Add in the fact that Brennan is done with football in the program and the nice little offer by Southern Methodist and it does start to make sense.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I thought most of that was debunked, or am I wrong?

9. sportschick

You have proven yourself over and over again to be NOTHING but a fucking SEC and Georgia specifically fanboi. Don't like it, don't post like one.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

You know what, UGA VII?

No one gives two squirts of shit what you say.

11. sportschick

Not that part. Some of what he said yes, but not the general cleanliness issues.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Why wouldn't Hawaii keeps a recruiting coordinator/assistant coach on the mainland? Station him in LA or something. Wouldn't that be cheaper than basing him at the school, and might it not save some major dollars from the recruiting budget?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.