1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jumping on the Nats bandwagon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Orange44, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Orange44

Orange44 New Member

So, Moddy ... maybe you can help me out.
    I'm a huge Yankees fan from waaaay back ... HUGE. That won't change.
    But, I also love the game and I enjoy being part of a city's connection with its team. Upon moving to Atlanta almost six years ago, I started rooting for the Braves as a No. 2, national league favorite. It was awesome ... went to a bunch of games during the season, didn't miss a playoff series at the Ted ... went to FanFests and got autographs with my wife, who is a HUGE Braves fan. It was awesome. A lot of fun.
    Well, I moved to the D.C. area for work a week ago and I'm looking to shift that NL allegiance to the Nats. I'll get a hat once I get some money in the bank account again, and I'll start watching games once the DirecTV guy FINALLY shows up (Been waiting since July 29, they're PAINFULLY slow). What can I expect as a Nats fan in D.C. these days? Is there a cool fan site like www.nyyfans.com? What are the best hangouts around the stadium for pre- and postgame drinking. Is there a D.C. following yet, or am I catching the craze on the ground floor.
    What do you think?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just spend a lot of time on East Capital Street. The stadium is right off it. There's always a gun blast going on there.

3. Orange - do you understand what the word whore means?

You are a baseball whore.

(Oh and Capital Punishment is a good Nats blog with comments - you whore)

4. Orange44

Orange44 New Member

Yes, yes I am.

Thankyouverymuch. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted