1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

July is American Beer Month

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 1, 2006.

1. Ipswich Ale is also a great New England brew. It is best in the gallon jugs.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I raise an Anchor Steam to America's breweries.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Try the Bud brewed in Newark

4. Isn't that where they make Rolling Rock?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Preach, brother Fen, and cleanse the world of all of the foo-foo Leine's novelty brands! I swear it's got so bad there's a new Lucky Charms Leine's Northwoods marshmellow.

I was drinking Leine's Original when microbrew meant going into a Wisconsin backwoods supper club and throwing one down with a fresh deer carcass bleeding on the bar, a dude who masturbated in a tree-stand all night at about 10 Hamm's over the line who gets leery when you joke about what he did with that deer all night, and a forlorn chick with a foam rubber "Ask Me About My Augusta Beaver" hat, who, if she had found cinema's Starman coming out of Chequamegon Bay, would have kidnapped him Pulp Fiction gimp-style and pleased herself with alien love in the back of her green-and-gold trailer complete with doorbell that rings with the "Favre-to-Sharpe ... the Pack is Back!" song.

I'm old as fuck.

Happily, I can buy Leinie's Original in my Indiana outpost ... without above requirement.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I can't believe my boy Fly left out the immortal Ghetto Blaster. (Or have they stopped making that?)

Anyway, I know there was an LA beer reference earlier in this thread but I'm looking for good Southern Cal brews too. I'll be in Laguna for 10 days later this month with the fam.

I'll be looking to hoist an Anchor Steam or six (used to be able to get it up here as an import but haven't seen it for some time) and any other suggestions will be welcomed....

7. As Alex Thien, the World's Most Unfathomable Newspaper Columnist would put it:
    "A bit of Milwaukee-ese from our good friend, bubbler."

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Try Stone Pale Ale - San Diego-based, I believe. Or at least that's all I drank when I was there.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Still being made by Motor City, but since I moved to the 'burbs I'm escared of heading to the Cass Corridor.... :eek:

10. Fly -- No visits to the Old Miami for you?

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Only once or twice, back when I was young. Mrs. Fly spent more time there in her youth, but she was a delinquent ;)

Went to Jumbo's more, it was the preferred location of my buddy who ran an armored car company in the 'hood.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How did our friends at http://www.beer.com/index.html miss this celebratory month? ;D ;D
    WARNING!!! PICTURES AT BEER.COM ARE NSFW

Draft saved Draft deleted