1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judicial Watch's Top 10 Most Corrupt Politicians (tee hee hee!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 21, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

The fact that Cool Bill Jefferson's name isn't on the list tells me that you don't have to be on one side of the issues to know that this list is bogus, and completely motivated by the politics of the moment.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is one of the larger loads of crap I've ever read.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tripe doesn't even begin to describe it.But how can you not be swayed by this sort of rhetoric:

Sure, we should strive to elect politicians of strong moral fiber and I certainly think we can do better than Larry Craig, Barney Frank and Gerry Studds. But I do know this: I'd rather have a politician propositioning in a bathroom than proposing policy that turns the whole country into a bathroom.

American Thinker is even further down the intellectual ladder than Judicial Watch.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What specious reasoning that column was. ::) They completely miss the target on that shot. The idea isn't that we think immoral behavior suddenly becomes OK because a supposedly moral person engages in it. The idea is more than why should we regard a person's stance (or that person in general) on a moral issue as valid when they don't live by that same standard?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Tied in with the bigger issue of "it's none of the goddamn business of such self-appointed moral arbitors to tell other people how to live their lives", for these hypocrites to pass judgment on others vis a vis standards they're wholly icapable to living up to, themselves . . . it's doubly odious.

Public bluenoses/private deviates, who want to set themselves up as arbiters of other's private lives . . .

Go to hell.

Go directly to hell.

Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Where have these guys been for the last seven years?

7. Judicial Watch is Krazy Larry Klayman's outfit. He once sued his mother. He was a Clinton-era crazy. Hence this line:

"Many suspect these records contain a treasure trove of information related to her role in a number of serious Clinton-era scandals. " Many of the voices in your head, perhaps.

Their raison d'etre is nuisance suits that pry out documents that allow them to raise money. This list? No Jerry Lewis? No Duke Cunningham? No Jack Abramoff? Not worth the time.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

To be fair, Cunningham and Abramoff are more 2006 than 2007.

9. Politicians should not be allowed to buy stock for companies in certain industries. It's a recipe for trouble.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ya think?

Draft saved Draft deleted