1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judge strikes down most of Walker's anti-union law

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Mar 30, 2012.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

buh... buh... buh... if Old Tony cites it as factual, it must be true.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I laugh how you insist you know more than the people who were actually there.

Here's the face of the anti-Walker movement.

And he's one of the nicer ones.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't evidence to back up your claim that a protester called Kleefisch's wife a c-nt. It is just another blatant misrepresentation on your part. You say he is one of the nicer ones, but don't back it up. You call him the face of the the movement, but nobody even knows who he is.

And you misrepresented what Ronnie Z posted here, too. He did not claim that he knew more than people who were there. He claimed that there is no evidence of Kleefisch's wife being called a c-nt. And if you had any, you would have posted it.

OT, you can do better than this. I've seen it when you post about topics other than politics. You don't have to demonize Democrats. You don't have to lie or post things even you know are bullshit. When you rely on tactics like that, it just makes it look like you can't make a reasonable, well-argued point. We both know that you can. I just wish you would show it more often when the topic is politics.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's 900,939 names on paper that say you're wrong, O_T.

5. old_tony

That's more than 210,000 short of the votes Walker got in a legitimate process. As for how many of the signatures would have withstood the scrutiny of a challenge, let's just say the real number would have been closer to 500,000 short of the votes Walker got.

6. old_tony

http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/articles/great-scott_626645.html

I stand corrected. The protester called Mrs. Kleefisch a "fucking whore" not a "fucking c***." That makes it so much better.

It was as Rep. Kleefisch was leaving the Capitol after the State of the State address in January.

7. old_tony

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/city-hall/protesters-say-scott-walker-has-made-his-last-state-of/article_05457360-47d0-11e1-a341-001871e3ce6c.html

Finally found what I knew I read two months ago. Looks like Ronny's issue is with Capital Times reporter Shawn Doherty for actually reporting this.

Jeremy Ryan, by the way, is known as Segway Guy. He rides around the capital on a Segway agitating. His only source of income is internet begging, stupid suckers on the left send him their hard-earned money so he can keep living his do-nothing lifestyle. Lots and lots of entries on him in the state's court website. A real beacon of the left.

8. Bubbler

Well, gosh golly gee, since you say 300,000 more signatures should be thrown out, it's just got to be true!

Riiiiight.

Also, I have this apple I want to compare to an anvil for you, since you want to compare votes earned in a general election to signatures gathered for a recall effort.

Oh, and last I checked, recall efforts were perfectly legitimate.

9. Bubbler

I'm sure 900,938 other people just like him signed the recall petition.

10. old_tony

As someone who actually reviewed petitions, they were rife with fraud. I completely disagree with Walker's decision not to challenge them because even though they would have still had enough signatures, the public needs to know what a fraudulent drive it was. I saw numerous cases where the dates were written in as "5/24/11" and then crossed out and changed to 11/15/11, indicating that they started collecting signatures long before they were legally allowed. If Walker had challenged them, tens of thousands of signatures would have been thrown out.

By the way, at least you have the integrity to admit there were only 900,000. The Democrat Party of Wisconsin kept claiming "more than a million" when they turned them in. Their party spokesman, Graeme Zielinski, was fired by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after sending numerous harassing emails to colleagues. He was a very objective political reporter during his time there. ::)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A brief reference from a biased source with no proof. Still waiting on that evidence.

12. Bubbler

I appreciate your service, O_T, but lets get frank about political leanings.

If you're concerned about the politics of a J-S reporter, and I think that's perfectly fine for you to feel that way, understand that given your political leanings displayed here for all to see, it scares the living bejeezus out of me that you're reviewing recall petitions for a GOP governor in my home state.

Draft saved Draft deleted