1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

juco education + American Idol gig = ESPN sideline reporter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://sportsbybrooks.com/espn-onair-job-requirements-junior-college--reality-show-reject-11413.php
    "Cox's hiring by ESPN means the job requirements of a football and basketball reporter for the finest sports media organization in the world are now two years of community college in rural North Carolina and achieving American Idol also-ran status. Just to be safe, you might also throw in obsessive overuse of Crest White Strips and bolt-on breasts."
    [​IMG]

2. May I just say,
    RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Will the hounds kill kittens?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She seems to have what it takes.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Am I missing something? Hasn't Heather Cox been on ESPN for some time now?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is she going to write for Page 2?

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Let's go down now to our sideline reporter Heather Cox, who has an interesting story about Mike Hunt, as well as what the fans think.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I find it somewhat hypocritical that the "sportsbyBrooks" website, which features "over 6,000 photos of the sportsbyBrooks girls," is bitching about ESPN hiring this girl.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes you wish Ron Burgandy's prediction that ESPN would be a cultural and financial disaster came through. Those times include right now. Just dump the fucking position if it's such a bullshit addition to your broadcast. But don't patronize me and suggest I'll watch UAB vs. Dicksmack State University because I've got some T&A every half hour on the sideline mispronouncing names and telling me the third string running back came back from a stubbed toe and, wow, what a story it would be if he had to go into the game.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

According to ESPN's web site, Heather Cox has been employed there since 1994. She also has red hair in her picture.

So this one is wrong.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If you go to the site, which is NSFW, a lot of kittens could get killed.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Norby Williamson, ESPN's executive vice president for production says "The sideline reporter is our beat reporter. Sideline reporters are responsible for everything that takes place on the field beyond the telecast of the game."

Now a real ass would say that puts this bimbo on par with all the hacks that have put in their dues to get on a D-1 or pro beat. Of course, I think this guy just has no idea what goes into beat reporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.