1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JRC paper cutting from six days to four days

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hank_Scorpio, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

http://www.mlive.com/businessreview/oakland/index.ssf/2008/11/royal_oakbased_daily_tribune_t.html

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Somebody should see to it that the JRC honchos get lumps of coal in their Christmas stocking.

Royal Oak charcoal, to be precise. :)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How the Trib and Macomb Daily haven't been assimilated into the Oakland Press yet is amazing.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I know what you mean, slappy. Used to see the Macomb fairly frequently and they covered more Red Wings and Pistons than high school stuff.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

One assumes it will change its name?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My gf got the daily and I'd always read it when I was over. It was a nice little newspaper, but I was amazed by the level of non-hs sports coverage as well.

I wonder where the Oakland Press gets most of its subscribers though. Oakland County is such a weird county. You've got the areas like Royal Oak/Berkley and then a drastically different area in Pontiac and then in the other direction you've got places like Novi. Obviously, people in Novi aren't going to be choosing the Trib over the Press, but in Royal Oak? Maybe?

Draft saved Draft deleted