1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JR! Mobilize!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 4, 2007.

1. JR, I think the world just stopped rotating on its axis. :)

Seriously, I'm not trying to disparage anybody's patriotism. But to make it sound like all Canadians sing their national anthem full-throated at every sporting event whilst Americans shuffle their feet and mumble at same isn't exactly accurate.

Canadians have a lot of which to be proud. So do Americans. And both countries have some shameful episodes, too.

Let's not pretend one place is simon pure whilst the other is the worst place on earth.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Exactly accurate? Not even remotely accurate. :)

The downside of watching games in Toronto is that unless two Canadian teams are playing you have to shuffle your feet for two friggin' anthems.

The worst is when you get some fucking singer who thinks the anthems are about THEM and drag them out forever.

Oh, and we're simon pure. :)

3. Wasn't Simon Pure in Trudeau's cabinet?
    He sure wasn't in Maggie's.
    Hi-YO!

4. I think you're missing the accent mark on the final E. Simon Pur-EAY!

5. That would be Simon Puree, the head chef, n'est-ce pas?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I like it when third-place finishers in bar karaoke contests sing the Canadian anthem at local junior hockey games.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

FB, does that mean I'm not getting a response?

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey, I was pretty good .... er .... never mind. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted