1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journolist Will Be Shut Down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 25, 2010.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Olbermann, yeah. Maddow, not so much.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It took five year, but it's come full circle.

Dave Weigel is back at the Post:

Less than a year after joining Bloomberg Politics, Dave Weigel is making a surprise return to The Washington Post.

Weigel will cover national politics with a focus on grassroots movements, traveling the country on the campaign trail and working amidst the likes of Dan Balz, Robert Costa and Karen Tumulty.

"What the Post is now is just the most exciting newsroom in the country if that's not too hyperbolic. The people who write about politics are writing these definitive stories and I want to be part of that," Weigel said in an interview. "I'm hoping to add a focus on that to what they have already. They're not missing it, but that's the [grassroots] stuff I have always focused on and tried to find the nodes of."

The move is a homecoming of sorts for Weigel, who spent three months at the Post in 2010 before resigning amid scandal. Weigel, who had been tasked with writing about conservatives, was revealed to have disparaged some of his subjects in an off-the-record listserv called "Journolist."

Weigel then spent four years at Slate before joining Bloomberg last September as part of the launch of the Bloomberg Politics vertical helmed by "Game Change" authors John Heilemann and Mark Halperin. But the New York-based project has struggled to gain traction since launching last year, suffering from internal clashes with the Washington bureau and enduring several embarrassing headlines.

Dave Weigel returns to the Washington Post - POLITICO

Draft saved Draft deleted