1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journeyman Finale?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Dec 18, 2007.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

What a remarkable show. I truly love that cast, particularly Dan and his brother.

Wow, that finale gave me goose bumps. I'm still shaking my head.

It's already up on NBC.com if you missed it...

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I was all over the place. Their little trick worked. I thought for a brief moment that he was completely insane and had imagined the entire ordeal. They did a fair job of wrapping it up while still leaving a window for some continued mystery in case the show is saved somehow.

3. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Glad I'm not the only one who is going to miss this show. But it seemed pretty obvious as last night's episode went along that they were wrapping it up. Thought the final scene with the zoom in on Katie really brought it to an end. And I loved the scene with Dan and Elliot Langley in the elevator because Dan asks and gets answers to the questions you want to see asked and answered: What's happening to me and who's doing it? That conversation was satisfying. As someone else said, the show was pretty well written. And I think if it weren't dying an early death, they could have played around a little with Langley's role and spun it into an ongoing mystery. Sorry to see this one go.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Even more so, I loved how he said Katie's name to wake her up to see it. What a great show! It will be missed.
    However, in the spirit of the Rice-A-Roni, I saw that Jericho is back in January. Never bothered with the show until the uproar when it was cancelled. Now, I can't wait to see it return.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what the economics of the show are, but if SCI-Fi can swing Eureka, I don't know why they don't pair it up with Journeyman

6. I join everyone on here in singing this show's praises. I almost didn't watch these last two episodes because I knew the show wasn't being picked up and figured I'd just be left more frustrated by watching them.
    Boy am I glad I did, though. Monday's episode was phenomenal, and really opened the door on how even the most minor changes in the past could have a huge effect on the future.
    And, Wednesday's finale was well done. I credit the writers for attempting to answer as many questions as possible, and giving fans an appropriate end, if that's indeed the case.
    I would love to see the Sci-Fi Network or Bravo pick this series up. Unfortunately, all network TV is interested in these days is reality shows or angsty 20/30something romantic dramas. Blah.

7. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

There's a 2-hour episode of that shitty reality choir show on tonight, yet Journeyman gets the axe!?!?!?! That's horseshit!

8. DanOregon

Think about it though. NBC offers about $1 million in "prize money" total to the choirs. Gets eight hours of programming out of it, compared to an episode of a scripted show which goes for $1 million per hour. This is NBC 2.0.

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

But who actually watched even 30 minutes of that eight hours?

10. DanOregon

Ratings had it getting 8.3 million viewers. And I do give NBC some credit. With most networks doing reruns this week and a lot of advertisers still wanting to push Christmas ads its not a bad idea to do something different.

11. DanOregon

And it turned out NBC only forked over $450,000 in prize money to the charities for Clash of the Choirs, they got a Tracy Morgan movie to fork over the $250K top prize. Not a bad deal. You get the tax write off and charge real money for the ads. I figure talent and production costs couldn't have been more than $500k.

Draft saved Draft deleted