1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You're being a terrible person right now, Dick. Exploiting the freshly dead doesn't give you the moral superiority you think you're carrying.

murphyc and schiezainc like this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Any reports on why it happened? Were the journalists specifically targeted, or were they victims of a rampage shooter?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The station's GM said something about reporter and videographer being in love. So, jilted ex? Someone who had a murderous crush on her?

4. Mr. Sunshine

Appears they got a still shot of him. My initial thought was domestic issue, but maybe it's a media thing.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Was the subject of the story shot or shot at? She hasn't been mentioned.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One of the reports I read said she was shot in the back and was in surgery.

7. Dick Whitman

[​IMG]

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It just so happens that the female reporter and her videographer were murdered at this particular moment?

Not random.

The ironic (need a ruling from Irony Guy) thing is that the woman they were interviewing was going on and on about how that exact area is ripe for tourism etc etc etc. Worst timing ever.

9. Mr. Sunshine

It appeared from the video that the other person was shot first, prompting her to flee, so that makes sense.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Why would a West Virginia paper do such a tribute for people killed at Smith Mountain Lake?

11. Dick Whitman

I understand. The problem is that we always move right from breaking news straight into maudlin tributes and pass right over "How the fuck do we stop this from happening again?".

Hopefully someone is creating a logo as we speak that I can use as my Facebook profile picture.

Stoney likes this.
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Because someone is confusing Virginia and West Virginia.

Draft saved Draft deleted